Translate

25 Mar 2017

The racer

 i went to the International Festival of Speed historic motorcycle race meeting at Sydney Motor Sport Park today. This event gets bigger each year. This year they were honouring Giacomo Agostini who was there with his family and a big collection of Italian motorcycles.
The great thing about these meetings is that they are so accessible. You can wander into the pits and wander down pitlane . The historic motorcycle racing fraternity are very laid back. There is always a great atmosphere and a laudable lack of officious officials.
I made a big effort to get there early to try and catch some sparkling light for some pitlane photos. In previous years I have come away with some worthwhile pitlane shots of riders and bikes.
No such luck this year. The light was not cooperating so I did not take many photos and with two exceptions I was not at all happy with the photos I took. They were just ordinary. No point in keeping ordinary photos. So I junked them all except two -the one above which I really like-as for me it exudes the atmosphere of the event-and the shot of Agostini below.


Photos taken with the Leica Q

No comments:

Post a Comment